American Television (ATV) is a student-run television station, which means we offer a unique opportunity for students to produce outstanding creative work and gain invaluable experience in the film and broadcast journalism fields. If you have an interest in film, journalism, music, or storytelling, then you should join ATV.
Top 10 Reasons to Join ATV
- All AU students can join ATV, regardless of major, school, or level of prior experience.
- Classes at the School of Communication teach you skills, but ATV lets you practice those skills. You can start working with cameras, equipment, and editing software as soon as you join.
- ATV has six shows with a variety of cast and crew positions, so you base your invovlement in ATV on your interests and your schedule.
- Do you have an idea for a new show? We can help you turn your idea into a reality. You can produce or co-produce your show, and we will work with you to help you find the resources you need.
- You do not have to have an interest in film or broadcast journalism to get involved. Join one of the departments that support the station such as the Communications Department or the Productions Department.
- ATV enjoys strong partnerships with other on-campus organizations. We film on-campus events and performances, produce major promotional videos for AU departments, and conduct one-on-one interviews with KPU speakers such as John Huntsman and Colin Powell.
- We learn from each other. ATV is the best organization at AU to network with other motivated broadcast and visual media students to form great collaborations and friendships.
- The broadcast industry is converging in a way that requires everyone who enters the field to know how to film, edit, and write. We encourage our members to gain experience in all of these fields and teach others the skills they need.
- The experience you gain from ATV speaks volumes on your resumé. Past ATV members have landed great internships and jobs with media companies throughout the country.
- Most importantly, participating in ATV is a lot of fun!